SNAS organizes an online research methods workshop on August 7, 2021 from 11am to 5pm (EST). All academics are invited. Please register below and you will receive the event link on the day of the program. Here is the event schedule:
- 11:00 am: Opening remarks
Session 1 – General Research Methods
- 11:15 am: “How to write an empirical paper fast” by Dr. Vahap Uysal, Associate Professor of Finance at DePaul University.
- 12:30 pm: “Conducting in-depth interviews: Getting rich data” by Dr. Zeynep Isik-Ercan, Professor of Early Childhood Education, Rowan University.
Session 2 – Networking (1:45 – 2:15 pm)
Session 3 – Innovative Applied Techniques
- 2:15 pm: “Geographical Information Systems and Crime Mapping” by Dr. Rainer Kroll, Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice, Western Connecticut State University.
- 3:30 pm: “Leveraging advancements in Natural Language Processing and AI for industry and research-oriented applications” by Dr. Andi Cupallari, Data Scientist, Novartis.